Version 0.9.0 Development¶
Git Commit: Unreleased
Initial Release: Unreleased
- Added KinBody.LinkInfo and KinBody.JointInfo classes in order to programatically build robots by calling KinBody.Init().
- Fixed bugs in RobotBase::CalculateActiveJacobian (thanks to John Schulman)
- SetUserData now supports a key to allow different modules to store their own uninterrupted user data. KinBody.SetCollisionData, KinBody.SetPhysicsData, KinBody.SetViewerData are deprecated. It can also be called through const pointers.
- Added KinBody.Link.ComputeLocalAABB() to get local AABB of the link.
- Added RaveGetAffineDOFValuesFromVelocity() and RaveGetVelocityFromAffineDOFVelocity() for velocity conversion of affine values.
- Added ConfigurationSpecification.GetSetFn() and ConfigurationSpecification.GetGetFn() for general setting/getting functions of a configuration.
- KinBody.SetDOFVelocities() now accepts indices
- Fixed stale group names in KinBody _spec, Robot _activespec, and IdealController groups; ConfigurationSpecification.FindCompatibleGroup() now more strict.
- Many methods in InterfaceBase have not become multi-thread safe.
- Added SpaceSample.SampleSequenceOneReal() and SpaceSample.SampleSequenceOneUINT32() for easier retrieval of samples.
- Added getting and settings custom parameters to links and joints via KinBody.Link.GetFloatParameters(), KinBody.Link.SetFloatParameters(), KinBody.Joint.GetFloatParameters(), KinBody.Joint.SetFloatParameters().
- Added .KinBody.Link.GetInfo, .KinBody.Joint.GetInfo, and .KinBody.Geometry.GetInfo for getting all properties.
- Added .Robot.Manipulator.CheckEndEffectorSelfCollision and .Robot.CheckLinkSelfCollision for self-collision checking.
- Added pure C bindings in the includeopenrave_c folder with libopenrave_c and libopenrave-core_c libraries.
- IkFast can detect aligned axes and give infinite solutions.
- Fixed bug in ikfastsolver.cpp that prioritizes solutions based on configuration distance.
- database.inversekinematics does a better job of automatically choosing a free joint for redundant kinematics.
- Fixed major bug in IkFilterOptions.IgnoreEndEffectorCollisions implementation.
- Added IkFilterOptions.IgnoreEndEffectorSelfCollisions for ignoring self-collision with end effector.
- Added planningparameters.ConstraintTrajectoryTimingParameters
- Path retiming now treats PlannerParameters::_fStepLength as the robot controller control time
- Added options parameter to Planner.PlannerParameters.serialize()
- Speed up of smoothing algorithms by early rejecting bad candidates.
- Added much faster linear smoother linear smoothing which can also do per-DOF smoothing.
- planningutils smoothing and retiming functions like planningutils.SmoothActiveDOFTrajectory() now return planning failure rather than to throw exceptions.
- Removed fallback on linear smoother in PlannerBase._ProcessPostPlanners()
- Added several helper classes that cache parameters values so they are faster to bulk execute: planningutils.AffineTrajectoryRetimer, planningutils.ActiveDOFTrajectoryRetimer, planningutils.ActiveDOFTrajectorySmoother
- Added __hash__ to most classes like KinBody.Link, Robot.Manipulator, etc so they can be used in dictionaries.
- Register RaveDestroy() function call on sys exit (John Schulman).
- Fixed planningutils.JitterTransform() and added openravepy wrapper
- Fixed opening DirectX files as environment files
- Fixed destruction order bug in qt/coin viewer.
- Add OPT_IKFAST_FLOAT32 cmake option to control whether 32bit float ikfast shared objects can be loaded.
- Switched collada writing to write all geometries regardless if they are similar (default was to reuse data)
- qtcoin video size recording can be changed with the Resize command. (Robert Ellenberg)
- Simulation thread timing tweaked and more accurate to real time. (Robert Ellenberg)
- collada-dom DAE is now globally managed so that it doesn’t release its resources everytime a collada object is loaded. This also solves many random crashes.
- Can open binary DirectX files
- Added many helpers in xmlreaders.h to parse and write XML.
Git Commit: edc7721cb84cb97d96bfd2d5afda1b0f7b9026ff
Initial Release: 2012/10/18
- fixed deadlock condition with KinBody change callbacks
- fixed bug in collada reader when binding models and axes when reading external files
- allow reading and writing of collision information for each link via <link_collision_state>
- allow writing of extra data like manipualtors, enabled links for external files.
- fixed transparency writing/reading. In COLLADA transparency=1 is opaque.
- fixed writing bug in lower/upper limits
- Fixed major bug in inverse kinematics rounding.
- Fixed degenerate case in ikfast.
- fixed ipython drop-in console with “openrave.py -i” for recent ipython versions (tested up to 0.13)
- can retrieve colors from VRML/IV
- added support for grabbody configuration group to IdealController
Subversion Revision: r3622
Initial Release: 2012/09/02
- Fixed regrabbing when enabling/disabling grabbed bodies
- Added KinBody::Prop_LinkEnable that allows other objects to track enable changes for a body.
- Allow dynamic setting of link inertial parameters
- Fixed converting from dof velocities to link velocities (KinBody.SetDOFVelocities())
- Fixed mimic joint computation of velocities/accelerations
- Fixed jacobian computation for mimic joints
- Added KinBody.GetLinkAccelerations() to compute link accelerations from dof accelerations.
- Added invese dynamics computation (torques from robot state) via KinBody.ComputeInverseDynamics(). Can also return component-wise torques with KinBody.ComputeInverseDynamics(accel,None,returncomponents=True) (thanks to Quang-Cuong Pham)
- Added second derivative hessian computation of joints KinBody.ComputeHessianTranslation(), KinBody.ComputeHessianAxisAngle()
- Fixed bug in geometry collision meshes KinBody.Link.GeomProperties.GetCollisionMesh().
- Added openrave/plannerparameters.h to official OpenRAVE headers
- Added new .KinBody.Joint.Type.Trajectory joint type allowing a joint to transform a child link in any way.
- Added RaveSetDataAccess() to restrict filenames from only being opened from $OPENRAVE_DATA directories
- Created a new class to store geometry info KinBody.Link.GeometryInfo that can be used to initialize new geometry objects via KinBody.InitFromGeometries(). could break existing code.
- created new openrave/xmlreaders.h to hold XML readers classes like xmlreaders.TrajectoryReader for parsing trajectory files, and xmlreaders.GeometryInfoReader for parsing geometries.
- custom interface xml readers with top-level interface type xmlid get stored into Interface.GetReadableInterfaces()
- Added Environment.Clone() for quick synchornization cloning depending on how big the differences between the original environment is.
- Update velocity of grabbed objects.
- Added Robot.ManipulatorInfo to hold initialization info for manipulators. Can now dynamically add/remove manipulators with Robot.AddManipulatotr() and Robot.RemoveManipulator().
- KinBody StateSaver classes can transfer restoring state to different kinbody/robot.
- fixed major bug in ConfigurationSpecification.InsertJointValues()
- added ConfigurationSpecification.AddDerivativeGroups(), planningutils.ComputeTrajectoryDerivatives()
- checklimits parameter in KinBody.SetDOFValues() is now an enum KinBody.CheckLimitsAction() that controls warning actions
- Added Interface.Serialize() method for exporting interface information to XML (COLLADA/OpenRAVEXML), and created new BaseXMLWriter class to handle managing this serialization.
- Added Interface.SetReadableInterface() and XMLReadable to allow readable objects to be editing in python.
- Fixed bug with plugin loading when shared object is not an OpenRAVE plugin.
- Added OpenRAVE_PYTHON_DIR export to openrave-config.cmake
- Added RaveFindLocalFile() to find local resource files in the OpenRAVE path.
- Added timeout fields to a lot of Environment.Get* methods to avoid deadlocks.
- ikfast switch to sympy 0.7.x (old sympy 0.6.x files are still present, but will not be updated anymore)
- Can add custom data to IkParameterization that is also passed to the ik filters. IkParameterization.SetCustomData()
- Can use IkParameterization to Robot.Manipulator.CheckEndEffectorCollision() even if it isn’t a Transform6D type.
- Added velocities enumerations to IkParameterizationType (like IkParameterizationType.Transform6DVelocity), coordinate transforms can handle velocities.
- Added IkParameterization * transform right-transformation
- Added IK solver error codes for notifying user where IK failed.
- IkSolver.Solve() and Robot.Manipulator.FindIKSolution() now returns results through the IkReturn object. It can output reason of IK failures (IkReturnAction) and custom data returned from IK filters.
- Many ikfast bug fixes, upgraded version to 60
- ikfast now comes with an ikfast.h header file that can be used to load all the ik solvers. Check out share/openrave-X.Y/ikfast.h. breaks existing code directly linking ikfast c++ files.
- Much more robost implementation of LoadIKFastSolver that computes its own ikfast files rather than relying on python inversekinematics db calls.
- Added .KinBody.SetNonCollidingConfiguration
- Added Planner.PlannerParameters.SetConfigurationSpecification() to set planner parameters space directly from configuration specification.
- Added Planner.PlannerParameters.StateSaver for saving states
- Added planningutils.SmoothTrajectory(), planningutils.RetimeTrajectory() that work directly on the trajectory configuration space.
- Added planningutils.InsertWaypointWithSmoothing() for quickly inserting waypoints into trajectories while doing some smoothing.
- Check if DISPLAY environment variable is set for linux systems before creating the viewer (thanks to Chen Haseru).
- Fixed dead lock condition when destroying items, by introducing Item::PrepForDeletion
- Added Qt/OpenSceneGraph viewer from Gustavo Puche and the OpenGrasp project.
- Converted many qtcoinrave shared pointers to weak pointers to prevent circular dependencies, fixed race conditions with invalid weak_ptr.
- COLLADA writer/reader supports joint circular, weight, and resolution properties
- COLLADA support for <instance_node> and saving/restoring scenes with similar bodies.
- COLLADA can read/write geometric primitives like boxes, cylinders, etc through new geometry_info tag
- COLLADA can read/write XMLReadable interfaces registered through RaveRegisterXMLReader()
- COLLADA can read/write the grabbed state of robots through dynamic_rigid_constraints
- COLLADA can read external files references through the openrave:// URI scheme
- COLLADA can write files with external references by passing in externalref=* option.
- COLLADA writer has options to skip writing geometry, physics, and custom data.
- Mac OSX compatibility: openrave.py now runs the viewer in the main thread for Mac OSX.
- Added misc.OpenRAVEGlobalArguments.parseAndCreateThreadedUser() and misc.SetViewerUserThread() to allow viewer to be run in main thread while user functions are run in a different thread. All examples use this now.
- Added examples.pr2turnlever python example and orpr2turnlever C++ example.
- Clang compiler support
- Support doc internationalization using sphinx 1.1
- Added orplanning_multirobot C++ example to show how to plan with multiple robots in same configuration space
- Added new conveyor robot Conveyor - baserobots that creates trajectory joints.
Subversion Revision: r3401
Initial Release: 2012/06/29
- Assimp 3 compatibility
- Collada 2.4 compatibility
- fparser 4.5 compatibility
- sympy 0.7.x compatibility (ikfast)
Subversion Revision: r3191
Initial Release: 2012/04/13
- Added more .ErrorCode error codes and many new types of OPENRAVE_ASSERT_X macros.
- Added openrave/utils.h file for common programming constructs not related to the OpenRAVE API.
- Fixed bug in closed-chain kinematics when static links are present.
- Added RaveClone()
- Added SerializableData that derives from UserData allowing C++ user data to be saved and transferred.
- Set better epsilon limits throughout the code
- dofbranches are now used to set/get joint values greater than 2*pi range. Added support in openravepy KinBody.XLinkTransformations
- The rigidly attached links of grabbed links of a robot are now always ignored, collision is never checked between them.
- Fixed trajectory sampling/interpolation for IkParameterization
- Removed operator T*() from geometry::RaveVector, could break existing code.
- All IK solutions returned for revolute joints with ranges greater than 2*pi radians by adding +- 2*pi until limits reached.
- Fixed ManipulatorIKGoalSampler for returning original ik indices.
- Fixed ikfast bug in solve5DIntersectingAxes
- Fixed bug in retiming/smoothing planners taking in inconsistent trajectory configurations.
- Fixed planningutils.ReverseTrajectory() for linearly interpolated trajectories.
- Fixed grasp offsets and trajectory combining in GraspPlanning and planningutils.InsertActiveDOFWaypointWithRetiming().
- The rplanners RRTs now respect the PA_Interrupt actions from the PlanCallbacks. The callbacks are also transferred to the post-process planners.
- Added parabolic retiming of IkParameterization
- Added planner parameters option to force max acceleration
- Fixed several grasperplanner bugs: one in returning no solution when last point is in collision.
- Setup openravepy logging hierarchy, colorized logging output with logutils library.
- Added GetCode to python openrave_exception class
- Added misc.InitOpenRAVELogging() to setup global python logging handlers.
- fixed many bugs with bullet physics, static links are supported
- Added orplanning_door C++ example to show how to plan with robot+door at same time.
- Added examples.inversekinematicspick python example to show IK picking.
- Introduced a simple framework for the C++ examples in cppexamples/orexample.h (class OpenRAVEExample). Most C++ examples now use it.
- Removed isosurface computation from linkstatistics since it was buggy. Now forcing linkstatistics generation of all planning models. Also fixed bug with cross-section computation.
- Installing openrave.bash to share folder to allow users to easy set paths for openrave runtimes.
- Fixed planningutils.RetimeActiveDOFTrajectory() and planningutils.RetimeAffineTrajectory() when trajectories have timestamps.
- Starting with FParser 4.4.3, can use the library without local modifications. Also check for installations with cmake’s find_package.
- Fixed several race condition with video recording (VideoRecorder interface), viewer exiting, and other threads.
- Mac OSX compatibility: openrave executable now creates the viewer in the main thread.
- Fixed render scale when non-xml file is loaded as a kinbody.
- Returned ik solutions from Robot.Manipulator.FindIKSolutions() are prioritized by minimum distance from joint limits.
- Fixed environment cloning of iksolvers set by LoadIKFastSolver.
- Added multi-threading C++ example ormultithreadedplanning.
- Fixed bug in IkParameterization::ComputeDistanceSqr
- Added conversion to DH parameters with planningutils.GetDHParameters()
Subversion Revision: r3061
Initial Release: 2012/02/04
- CloseFingers/ReleaseFingers now only check collisions between fingers, so robot can be in collision when performing this
- MoveHandStraight replaced planningutils.SmoothAffineTrajectory() call with planningutils.RetimeAffineTrajectory()
- Fixed WorkspaceTrajectoryTracker - rplanners filter issues related to MoveHandStraight
- Fixed LinearTrajectoryRetimer - rplanners interpolation issue
- Better error handling for smoothing/retiming failures.
- Task GraspPlanning now respects approach offset distance
- Parabolic Smoother updates (thanks to Kris Hauser)
- rplanners RRTs now track initial configuration indices
- Robot Configuration Sampler now respects circular DOFs (including affine rotation).
- ikfast computation of katana ik goes from 77% to 93% success rate.
- If trajectory timing is not initialized, use retimer rather than smoother
- Using ode in multi-threaded environments now works when cmake flag ODE_USE_MULTITHREAD is not specified. Ubuntu installations shouldn’t crash anymore.
Subversion Revision: r3033
Initial Release: 2012/02/01
- Correctly cloning physics/collision/viewers.
- By default all SetDOFValues/SetActiveDOFValues methods check joint limits
- Joint limits on circular joint now returned as -BIGNUMBER,BIGNUMBER.
- Added KinBody.Joint.SubtractValues()
- interpolation is set to empty in configurations returned by KinBody.GetConfigurationSpecification() and Robot.GetActiveConfigurationSpecification().
- Fixed segment feasibility checking on parabolic smoother by using perterbations, now most small collisions are avoided.
- Many fixes for examples.constraintplanning demo and GripperJacobianConstrains class used for linear constraint planning.
- Fixed .planningutils.JitterActiveDOF when constraints are used.
- Fixed linear smoothing fallback when parabolic smoother fails.
- Added many more constraints checking to .planningutils.VerifyTrajectory
- Added very simple parabolic retimer planner-parabolicretimer
- If robot originally colliding, MoveToHandPosition/MoveManipulator correctly add the colliding configuration to the trajectory.
- All name strings are now returned/set as unicode objects. All openravepy objects support __unicode__
- Fixed crash when smoothing close configurations.
- Fixed C++ IK generation command AddIkLibrary
- ikfast compute Universal Robots UR6-85-5-A arm IK
- Fixed openrave.py --database inversekinematics --show
- Fixed --graspingnoise when multi-threading is used
- Fixed default value for .Robot.GetActiveConfigurationSpecification
- Fixed GenericTrajectory sampling with circular joints
Subversion Revision: r2988
Initial Release: 2012/01/20
- fixed physics simulation loop freezing, added tests
- fixed “prefix” attribute when colldata models are used.
- added “scalegeometry” attribute to kinbody loading. can have different scales along XYZ.
- Geometry files imported with assimp now load multiple geometries per material in order to preserve colors. Added KinBody.InitFromGeometries().
- KinBody::KinBodyStateSaver and RobotBase::RobotStateSaver now have Restore functions that allows users to get back to the original robot without having to destroy the handle.
- Now properly handling inter-grabbed-body collisions: if two grabbed bodies are initially colliding when grabbed, then their self-colision should be ignored. Also fixed a bug with Robot.Manipulator.CheckEndEffectorCollision()
- Major: Added a new class ConfigurationSpecification to manage configuration spaces, it is shared by both planners and trajectories. The specification can hold joint values, transformation values, etc.
- Separated the affine DOF spece configuration from robot class into the global openrave space. See DOFAffine, RaveGetIndexFromAffineDOF(), RaveGetAffineDOFFromIndex(), RaveGetAffineDOF(), and RaveGetAffineDOFValuesFromTransform()
- Can now reset the local manipulator coordinate system with Robot.Manipulator.SetLocalToolTransform()
- Added parsing of kinematics for DirextX files (*.x).
- COLLADA: reading/writing now preserve the body DOF indices order by storing actuator information, now supports manipulator <direction> tag.
- Fixed computation of mass frames in XML/COLLADA parsing. KinBody.Link now holds a mass frame with inertia along the principal axes.
- added IkSolver.RegisterCustomFilter() that allows any number of filters to be registered with priority. IkSolver.SetCustomFilter() is deprecated.
- Fixed TranslationDirection5D IK bug, upgrade ikfast version
- ikfast IkSolvers only check collisions of links that can possible move due to new joint values.
- Added new IkFilterOptions.IgnoreEndEffectorCollision option, this disables the end effector links and their attached bodies from environment collision considerations.
- fixed ikfast bugs: prismatic joints, precision issues. ikfast version is now 52.
- Added new IK types: TranslationXAxisAngle4D(), TranslationYAxisAngle4D(), TranslationZAxisAngle4D(), TranslationXAxisAngleZNorm4D(), TranslationYAxisAngleXNorm4D(), TranslationZAxisAngleYNorm4D()
- fixes in grasping with standoff
- added IK checking option to GraspThreaded, showing usage in examples.fastgraspingthreaded example.
- added new examples.fastgraspingthreaded example to show how to use multithreaded functions to compute good grasps in real-time.
- added --numthreads option to openrave.py --database grasping to allow users to set number of threads.
- now storing translationstepmult and finestep parameters in the database since they affect success rates
- Can register callback functions during planners to stop the planner via Planner.RegisterPlanCallback(). Planner developers should use Planner._CallCallbacks() to call the callbacks.
- Planner.PlanPath() now returns a PlannerStatus enum showing how planner exited. It does not support pOutStream anymore.
- Added velocity and acceleration limits to Planner.PlannerParameters
- Each planner needs to initialize the trajectory with Trajectory.Init() (GetParameters()->_configurationspecification);
- Added minimumgoalpaths to RRT planner to continue searching for different goals after initial path is found.
- Major: Added parabolic smoothing as defualt smoother. The parabolic smoothing library is from Kris Hauser’s group at Indiana University.
- added jittering of goals and openravepy bindings to planningutils.ManipulatorIKGoalSampler
- fixed planningutils.JitterActiveDOF() accidentally returning perturbed values
- Major: Completely redesigned the Trajectory class, see Trajectory Concepts for usage.
- Added Trajectory.Clone()
- Changed trajectory serialization format to XML, see Trajectory Serialization
- Added trajectory API to openravepy.
- Trajectory retiming/smoothing performed now in planners.
- Added many useful trajectory routines in the planningutils namespace. For example: planningutils.VerifyTrajectory(), planningutils.SmoothActiveDOFTrajectory(), planningutils.SmoothAffineTrajectory(), planningutils.ConvertTrajectorySpecification(), planningutils.ReverseTrajectory(), planningutils.MergeTrajectories(), planningutils.SmoothActiveDOFTrajectory(), planningutils.SmoothAffineTrajectory(), planningutils.RetimeActiveDOFTrajectory(), planningutils.RetimeAffineTrajectory()
- Added releasegil parameter to Interface.SendCommand() that can temporarily release the Python GIL.
- added two python examples showing how to use PyQt + OpenRAVE together. examples.qtexampleselector examples.qtserverprocess
- split openravepy into smaller files for faster compilation
- Support passing in unicode strings
- “skipgeometry” now being acknowledged in Environment.Load(), fixes the openrave.py inversekinematics database --getfilename option.
- <render> tag for non-trimesh objects works now
- more reasonable default acceleration and velocity limits
- fixed octave graspplanning demo
- odephysics now uses dJointFeedback to compute forces/torques on links
- removed KinBody.SetGuiData and KinBody.GetGuiData and replaced with KinBody.GetViewerData() similar to how collision/physics are handled.
- added examples.cubeassembly to show a robot assembling a cube from randomly scattered blocks.
- updated bullet - bulletrave collision checker to be up to par with ODE. Now the two engines should be interchangeable,
- fixed qtcoin interface memory leak with QAction menus.
- fixed qtcoin Viewer.GetCameraTransform() function. now compatible with Viewer.GetCameraImage()
- everything compiles with Ubuntu 8.04/Python 2.5.
Subversion Revision: 2678
Initial Release: 2011/08/11
- CMake OpenRAVE_CORE_LIBRARIES variable now returns both openrave and openrave-core.
- Now reading physics data from COLLADA files, also fixed bugs in collada readers/writers.
- Can compile without qt4 being present.
- Fixed collision caching bug with ODE/Bullet CheckSelfCollision.
- MoveToHandPosition, MoveManipulator, MoveActiveJoints, and Manipulator::CheckIndependentCollision now only check the active links if the CO_ActiveDOFs option is set on the collision checker.
- added multiple goals to MoveManipulator and MoveActiveJoints commands
- Debian packages of different openrave versions will now install without conflicting with each other since they will share no common files. symlinks pointing to non-versioned programs are written in a version-independent ‘openrave’ package.
- Redesigned the openravepy structure so that loading is faster and multiple openravepy versions can be selected at load time.
- Started a new openravepy.misc library that is not loaded by default. The OpenRAVEGlobalArguments and MultiManipIKSolver helper classes are now part of it.
- fixed the grasping demo
- added orRobotSensorConfigure.m to power and sensors and display their data
- Octave stripping symbols
- Fixed major IK fast bug when intersecting axes of robot are not at the ends.
- test_programs is now runnable by windows
- test_ikfast is now also included in the regular tests to determine release. The full IK tests are run separately to gather statistics on ikfast.
- grasping database now uses the producer, consumer, gatherer model, removed updateenv and disableallbodies from the generate method
- implemented the unfinished databases.grasping.GraspingModel.computeSphereApproachRays()
- fixed bug in ODE physics when contacts overflow and added check for 0 quaternions.
- ode physics is more stable, can now modify erp and cfm parameters through xml
- fixed bug grasperplanner that exits at coarse step without going to fine step phase
- fixed bug with non-adjacent link computation
- fixed bug with not checking joint limits when resetting robot pose in KinBody::_ComputeInternalInformation
- fixed bug in BaseLaser <resolution> tag
- Logging module: added exporting geometric primitives of savescene
- fixed ode bug with ray collisions now returning closest point
Subversion Revision: 2574
Initial Release: 2011/07/08
- Fixed self-collision problem when grasping two objects (#31).
Subversion Revision: 2557
Initial Release: 2011/07/02
- fixed collada loading of formulas
- fixed caching issue with ik files in ikfastsolvers
- added a new SpaceSampler interface for sophisticated discrete/deterministic/randomized samplers.
- deprecated the RaveRandomX functions in favor of the new samplers
- Added a Prop_RobotActiveDOFs change callback in order to catch SetActiveDOFs messages
- renamed ProblemInstance interface into Module. Users should use the ModuleBase class.
- Environment can now support multiple viewers attached to it and can query them with their name. Plotting methods through the environment send commands to all viewers at once.
- Compatibility Break: EnvironmentBase AddKinBody/AddRobot/AddSensor return void instead of bool.
- added a Level_VerifyPlans debug level that globally notifies planners/modules to double check their outputs. Used for testing.
- added KinBody.Joint.SetWrapOffset(), KinBody.Link.SetStatic(), KinBody.Link.GeomProperties.SetRenderFilename() functions
- added KinBody.SetZeroConfiguration() for calibration
- caching computation of hashes for faster kinbody/robot loading
- the Environment Load methods takes an attributes list, and Save method allows for selection of what gets saved.
- renamed EnvironmentBase::TriangulateOptions to EnvironmentBase::SelectionOptions
- renamed EnvironmentBase *XMLFile and *XMLData methods to *URI and *Data.
- added a new planner parameter _neighstatefn that adds two states together.
- added a RobotConfiguration sampler for sampling robot active DOFs used for planning
- added a Halton Sequence sampler
- removed the PlannerParameters::_constraintfn and replaced it with PlannerParameters::_checkpathconstraints. Combined with _neighstatefn, the behavior of the old PlannerParameters::_constraintfn can be achieved. Allows us to remove all collision calls and dependencies on robots from planners!!
- removed the PlannerParameters::_tWorkspaceGoal parameter since it is non-generic and not used in openrave.
- added PlannerParameters::_sampleinitialfn to sample initial goals for the planner
- added a _fromgoal parameter to PlannerParameters::_neighstatefn so users can know which direction the tree is growing in.
- added a new openrave/planningutils.h file that contains many functions/heuristics to help users build planning algorithms.
- added VerifyTrajectory command in BaseManipulation.
- fixed major bug in WorkspaceTrajectoryTracker (ie MoveHandStraight) due to obstacle checking
- many changes to the RRT extend function to prevent infinite loops
- Jittering uses perterbutation in order to reject border collisions easily
- implemented ‘–show’ command for inversekinematics
- ikfast fix in solvePairVariablesHalfAngle, lookat3d works for simple mechanisms.
- added a validation step to the ikfast openrave iksolver so wrong solutions are never returned.
- camera intrinsics now include distortion model and focal length, viewer rendering respects the focal length
- removed transform from laser data, all sensors have a transform data type that is not part of the data state
- viewer showing scene normals
- added a new ViewerRecorder - logging interface that can attach to viewers and record their images. The recorder works on a separate thread, so it should have a minimal impact on performance.
- Removed ffmpeg/video recording from qtcoin viewer.
- added watermarking support through SetWatermark command
- deprecated the ViewerBase::RegisterCallback function and added individdual functions for item selection and new viewer image: RegisterItemSelectionCallback and RegisterViewerImageCallback
- Added ViewerBase::GetCameraIntrinsics for the current camera location
- added more tests: openrave global runtime, API Sanity Autotest XML
- added IkSolver.SetCustomFilter() in openravepy
- fixed bug in velocity controller mimic joints
- added Kawada Hiro NX (robots/kawada-hironx.zae) industrial robot model
- fixed IV/VRML model loading scaling
- removed links without any geometry attached to them from the non-adjacent lists
- added examples examples.simplemanipulation (thanks to Alan Tan), added examples.simplegrasping
- added GraspThreaded command to grasper plugin to allow for multithreaded computation of grasps. Added the corresponding bindings to the openravepy grasping module.
- fixed assert in ODE when collision checking with contact points.
Subversion Revision: 2452
Initial Release: 2011/05/11
fixed major bug in synchronizing collision and openrave world
added openrave-robot.py which allows introspection into robot files. This deprecates openrave-hash.py. added bash completion for it.
added openrave-createplugin.py which allows new users to easily setup the plugin directories and get something running. also works on creating executables. added bash completion for it.
changed way of searching for collada-dom to prepare for its 2.3.1 release.
removed a dependency on mathextra.h from geometry.h
ReadKinBody*, ReadRobot*, and Load can now process rigid body models like IV, VRML, STL, etc and convert them automatically to KinBody objects. For example:
openrave windmill.iv openrave test1.iv Environment.Load('test1.iv') Environment.ReadKinBodyXMLFile('test1.iv')
fixed collada bug in parsing robot sensors, added a barrett-wam-sensors.zae file to show a working example.
- small changes to the way symlinks are handled on install/uninstall since windows does not handle symlinks.
- rearranged the windows pre-compiled DLLs and added official libcollada pre-compiled DLLs.
- All openrave DLLs are now suffixed with the msvc version and openrave soversion.
- fixed bugs in multiprocess plugin
- added extensive basic math and kinematics tests
- added a ‘testmode’ in all python examples so unit testing can run the examples safely
- adding the soversion suffix to all libopenrave libraries: libopenrave -> libopenraveX.Y. There is no libopenrave or libopenrave-core anymore, so linking with “-lopenrave” or “-lopenrave-core” will fail.
- releases are now suffxed with floating-point precision mode
Subversion Revision: 2402
Initial Release: 2011/04/24
- Fixed OpenRAVE freeze when closed with Ctrl-C
- Fixed problem with detecting system crlibm installs
- openravepy now gets copied onto the python site-packages or dist-packages folder. For Linux users, this means it is not necessary to set the PYTHONPATH anymore when installing to /usr or /usr/local.
- ikfast fixes inclusion of math libraries and python-mpmath
- The openravepy python bindings now get installed into the python site-packages/dist-packages folder.
- Using cpack to componentize all the installs and create debian source packages. The debian source packages are created with DebSourcePPA.cmake and can handle multiple distributions.
Subversion Revision: r2371
Initial Release: 2011/04/18
- Moved all the header files to the ‘include/openrave-$MAJOR.$MINOR/openrave’ folder. ‘rave’ folder is now deprecated.
- Include files will now be installed in openrave-$MAJOR.$MINOR folders
- Binaries will now be suffixed with $MAJOR.$MINOR. Ie openrave0.3-config, openrave0.3.py. Symlinks will be provied to openrave
- OpenRAVE installs version-specific cmake configuration files stored in lib/cmake/openrave-$MAJOR.$MINOR/. The FindOpenRAVE.cmake file just looks for these openrave installations.
- Removed linking with Coin3d due to GPL license issue. Now will attemp to load only if a ProblemInstance supports model loading.
- Added TranslationLocalGlobal6D new IK type
- Fixed inversekinematics database generator loading/caching problems. Fixed a cloning problem.
- Made sure all python examples rely on pre-generated ik files.
- Windows Installer using Nullsoft Scriptable Install System. It automatically downloads necessary libraries and registers openrave to the windows registry.
- Added many scripts to automate upload to sourceforge
- Updated all DLLs and libraries, cleaned a lot of old stuff, now relying on official installations of boost and qt4.
- Reduced the number of MSVC special cases in the build system
- Fixed ivcon loading bug
- Added a ivmodelloader interface to use coin3d functionality across plugin boundaries
Subversion Revision: r2241
Initial Release: 2011/03/28
- Addding linking with assimp. If present, libopenrave-core will not use the buggy ivcon.
- Added EnvironmentBase::ReadTrimeshFile allowing ability to load kinbody files from the openrave command line.
- Refactored openrave-core and several plugins in order to make compilation more parallelizable.
- Clone now returns a void instead of bool since it relies on exceptions for error handling instead of return values.
- Fixed many bugs with prefixing names for robots/kinbodies in the XML/COLLADA readers.
- Better detection of sympy installation. Can now use sympy system installs if they pass a “compatibility test”. If 0.6.7, can patch sympy dynamically.
- removed recursive lock from plugindatabase.h
- FindIKSolution forces environment lock since it is so common to use
- Support compilation with Visual Studio 2010
- Can now lock environments in multiple python threads without deadlocking.
- ikfastsolvers: ikfast c++ files are individually compiled instead of included as headers. speeds up compilation
- perf timing is more accurate using CLOCK_MONOTONIC
- Added automatic updating of the cached files in sandbox/updateikfiles.py
- Added a lot of documentation on ikfast.
- Added 5DOF inverse kinematics: position+direction.
- Added a TranslationXY2D primitive for 2D translation (see tutorial_iktranslation2d example)
- Unit testing of ikfast using python nose, developed several custom plugins in test/nosetests
- Linked with jenkins test server now at http://www.openrave.org/testing
- Documentation infrastructure rewritten. It now uses mostly reStructuredText and compiled with sphinx. the official openrave homepage is also outputted by sphinx. this allows us to combine interfaces, testing results, python docs, and C++ docs all in one. epydoc has been removed.
- The robot database is now compiled from the ikfast results with robot images and links to the testing server.
- Removed sensor Init/Reset methods and added a Configure method for controlling power and rendering properties since all sensors will share these configurations.
- Added an actuator sensor for modeling motors, etc.
- Added a camera viewer GUI that pops up whenever the SensorBase::Configure(CC_RenderDataOn) function is called.
- Added a showsensors tutorial
Subversion Revision: r2031
Initial Release: 2011/02/17
- Now OpenRAVE explicitly controls what symbols are exported and imported into the dynamic table. This means much faster loading times of openrave and its plugins!
- OpenRAVE exceptions are now caught across shared object boundaries.
- Added OPENRAVE_DLL and OPENRAVE_DLL_EXPORTS to control import vs export of symbols. This changed the FindOpenRAVE.cmake file changed.
- Added a “Release” cmake build type that disables all stl/boost asserts and security checks. This will produce the most optimized code possible, but should be used only for well-tested production code. (default build is still RelWithDebInfo).
- Removed “vanchor” parameter from KinBody::Joint since it could be autogenerated.
- ikfast now supports solving IK for robots that do not have intersecting axes. This includes work from Raghavan, Roth, Osvatic, Kohli, Manocha, and Canny.
- Generation process itself became about 3-5x faster. For example, the puma ik can be generated in 9 seconds and wam ik in 27 seconds. Fixes freezes users have experienced before.
- Now uses infinite precision fractions for all its computations, therefore there is no more rounding and hunting for zeros.
- PR2 IK improved a lot after replacing conic section intersection with 4th degree polynomial root finding.
- solving pairwise variables is now handles much more cases.
- 5DOF IK works and can detect special geometry like intersecting axes (katana arm)
- added sanity checks to high degree polynomials to remove solutions due to precision error
- Added a orpythonbinding example showing how users can register their python classes/functions with the OpenRAVE C++ framework.
Subversion Revision: r1975
Initial Release: 2011/01/18
moved the check_libm_accuracy script in libopenrave folder
Moved all configuration files to the build (BINARY) folder rather than have it in source. The build process for configuration files changed a little to accommodate simultaneous builds with different options better. This allows us tohave double/float precision + debug/release all at the same time without forcing a rebuild. In order to avoid any collision troubles, the following files were renamed:
classhashes.h -> interfacehashes.h defines.h -> config.h
updated zlib 1.2.5 and minizip
Added more joint types involving all permutations of revolution and prismatic joints! For example Revolute, Revolute, Revolute or Revolute,Prismatic. or Prismatic,Prismatic,Revolute. In order to support joints with multiple axes better, many of the fields were changed from single values to vectors of values. Most of the Joint::Get* methods now take an axis index.
Organized the joint hierarchy and added a Joint::_ComputeInternalInformation to do some of the preprocessing that was previously done in the individual readers.
Added normalizeAxisRotation - Find the rotation theta around axis such that rot(axis,theta) * q is closest to the identity rotation. This is used in extracting joint angles and converting rotation to euler angles.
- can now read and write compressed collada files (zae)
- fixed many bugs in colladareader units
- all collada robots are offered as zae. Many previous .robot.xml robots were removed to prefer the COLLADA counterparts. The models.tgz file size reduced greatly.
- There is now a folder dedicated to all possible COLLADA robots that is seaprate from the openrave trunk:
- For ROS users: There is now a collada_robots ROS package that will check out all these robots. You would need to add the following bashrc line to get them into your openrave path.
- can open collada visual scenes without any kinematics scene definitions (collada 1.4).
- can write physics data (masses + inertias) and collision adjacency data
Subversion Revision: r1955
Initial Release: 2011/01/09
COLLADA Robot Specification¶
Released initial specification for robotics info in COLLADA.
Mimic Joints Support Arbitrary Functions¶
It is now possible to define the value of a joint as a complex formula involving any number of joints from the robot. For example:
j2 = arctan(0.5*cos(j0)) - j1
Here’s the C++ API modifications:
And of course COLLADA spec modifications necessary: http://openrave.programmingvision.com/index.php/Started:COLLADA#formula.2Ftechnique
Complex kinematics support¶
Kinematics hierarchy now supports closed-chains correctly. It uses graph theory to find places to find the loops and how to compute link transformations with the least dependencies. This information is pre-computed in KinBody::_ComputeInternalInformation() making calls to SetDOFValues/SetDOFVelocities much faster. Some of the added functions:
KinBody::GetClosedLoops - returns all the unique closed loops of the robot. KinBody::GetChain - returns a chain of joints or a chain of links KinBody::Link::GetParentLinks - returns all parent links KinBody::Link::IsParentLink KinBody::Joint::GetHierarchyParentLink - joint values computed in this coordinate system KinBody::Joint::GetHierarchyChildLink - joint moves this link KinBody::GetDependencyOrderedJoints - will return the joints in the correct topological order.
Thanks to Nick Hillier for giving us the Bobcat S185 skid-steer loader model to test closed-chains with! This robot has 11 joints with 3 closed-loops and only 2 degrees of freedom, which makes it an interesting challenge.
Started development on a new tool called ‘fkfast’. It solves the analytic equations for closed loops. It turns out that the Bobcat fk requires a quadratic equation to be solved with coefficients involving powers up to 8. Combined with the new mimic joint features, openrave can solve and simulate the mechanism correctly! If anyone is interested in checking it out, here’s the corresponding file (from ticket #94):
fkfast is still experimental, so is not as usable as ikfast. For anyone curious, the file can be found in
Added high precision math functions using crlibm. On compilation time, OpenRAVE checks with functions from libm are inaccurate and replaces them.
Introduced a new planner called “WorkspaceTrajectoryTracker” that can take arbitrary trajectories of the end effector and quickly produce smooth configuration space trajectories that can follow the workspace path. The planner can also follow constraints as specified in the PlannerParameters::_constrainfn. The “MoveHandStraight” function now defaults to this planner. There’s an example that shows off this functionality here:
openrave.py --example movehandstraight
Added the DARPA RE2 model and updated Care-O-Bot3 and arm models.
Added 3 useful scripts connecting openrave planning to the ROS world. They are all in orrosplanning package:
- ik_openrave.py - uses the openrave ik offering the orrosplanning/IK service
- armplanning_openrave.py - offers arm planning using the orrosplanning/MoveToHandPosition service
- graspplanning_openrave.py - offers finding grasp sets for new objects using with object_manipulation_msgs/GraspPlanning service
Subversion Revision: r1846
Initial Release: 2010/11/20
- All user data is now derived from UserData class, this allows RTTI to be used making type casts safe.
- Added a global openrave state that manages environments, environments now have unique ids.
- Added OPENRAVE_DATABASE environment variable to allow users to specify multiple database directories different from ~/.openrave.
- Safer destruction of all openrave resources using RaveDestroy, no more segfauls on exit.
Velocities and Physics API¶
- Cleaned up velocity functions in the physics engine (interface is simpler). KinBody class now converts joint velocities to link velocities (and vice versa) internally. All joint velocity functions have been removed from the physics engine interface, ie only link velocity functions are offered. Link velocities always point to the link’s coordinate system origin (not the center of mass).
- Setting velocity behaves similar to setting dof values. the default physics engine now stores velocities (it did not before).
- Some discussion for these changes can be found in this ticket.
- Controller interface cleaning up, setting a controller on a robot now requires the degrees of freedom that the controller uses to be specified. The controller dof features allows multiple controllers to use the same robot without interfering with each other.
- Added a MultiController class to simplify setting multiple controllers per robot. A C++ example is shown in the ormulticontrol C++ demo:
- ikfast can solve more complex kinematics requiring conic section intersections or 6th degree polynomial solutions. solving equations is now faster and more accurate (internal precision is to 30 decimal digits).
- ikfast supports a new lookat type.
- PR2 IK is pre-generated.
- Added many new sensor types (Odometry/Tactle) and exporting them through the python interface.
- One sensor can support multiple sensor data (ie Odometry+Tactile+IMU).
- Viewer graph handles allow changing transformation and showing/hiding.
- Major upgrades on collada reader extending robot-specific information (more on this in a future email once writer is done).
Subversion Revision: r1756
Initial Release: 2010/10/04
Separates the global OpenRAVE state from the environment state. The main reason for this move was for better management of multiple environments and for a new upcoming ROSEnvironment class that will integrate better with the ROS package file system.
More specifically, the new global state
- manages plugins/interfaces
- allows users to better manage multiple environments
- manages debug levels
- fixes many race conditions by organizing destruction order of all global resources.
- allows destruction of entire OpenRAVE state and all resources using a single call: RaveDestroy. These changes fix all thrown exceptions when a program exits.
- OpenRAVE is initialized by first calling RaveInitialize, independent of the environment.
All the global functions are prefixed with Rave*.
Subversion Revision: r1736
Initial Release: 2010/09/16
- Destruction order has been cleaned up. Before, openrave would freeze up when locking the environment in a Destroy method, now it doesn’t.
- RemoveKinBody/RemoveProblem/RemoveSensor are all handled now by one Environment.Remove()
- A sensor can be added into the environment without a robot using Enviornment.AddSensor()
- All the sensors in the environment can be queried using Environment.GetSensors, this returns all sensors attached to all the robots and all the environment sensors. Individual sensors can be queried by name using Environment.GetSensor().
- Can now store sensor parameters in side *.sensor.xml files and include them from a parent xml file using the file=”...” attribute. This applies to all interface types, not just sensors. Here’s a tutorial.
- Added IMU sensor definitions
- Cloning treats sensors separately now. In order to clone sensors (robot+environment), the Clone_Sensors option has to be specified. The definitions of the robot attached sensors are still cloned, but not the internal interfaces.
Subversion Revision: r1689
Initial Release: 2010/07/30
Every interface now has a InterfaceBase.SendCommand() function
- iksolver methods in manipulator class were cleaned up. It is now possible to get the pointer using ManipulatorBase::GetIkSolver. and then do ManipulatorBase::GetIkSolver()->SendCommand(...).
Subversion Revision: r1648
Initial Release: 2010/07/23
- Cleans up a lot of the interfaces and puts in a consistent documentation system for plugin authors.
- There is now a rave/plugin.h file that helps plugin authors export interfaces much simpler.
- Plugin loading at start-up is now 2x+ faster. Users do not have to worry about having too many plugins in openrave.
- All interfaces (not just problems) now have a RegisterCommand function.
- A lot of bug fixes on camera visibility planning (VisualFeedback problem)
- Moved methods like GetJointXXX to GetDOFXXX. With some joints having multiple degrees of freedom, the joint indices are not necessarily equal to the DOF indices.